Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Mummy Returns Again

Kiss Me....Mr. O'Connell

While I admit that I am a huge fan of the mummy arc, the latest addition was not my most favorite. It was nice done. Everyone looked like perfect replicas of someone from the 40s. The content director certainly did his/her job. The first issue that I have with the movie is the replacement of the original Evey. I loved Rachel Weisz. I really didn't enjoy the newest addition. Jonathon has always been my favorite and he is as funny as always. Brandon Frasier looks very good without a shirt on. I don't miss the days of Enscino Man, even if that is one of my favorite movies with him. He was wonderful in this movie as always. Jet Li awesome as always. Michele Yo awesome as always. One thing that I noticed was that there is a scene in the movie at the beginning that is straight out of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. You will know which one I am talking about and no it is not the scene of the fight for the Green Destiny Sword. One of the best problems that I have with this movie that it was rushed. They moved from one plot point to the next. Well thats it for me don't forget leave a comment with your visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Tomb of the Dragon Emperor met everyone's expectations; fun yes, but Brendan Frasier tries too hard to act, so he has an unnatural feel on screen