Monday, June 2, 2014

How about Game of Thrones

As with everyone, I have been swept up into Game of Thrones but I will say that I have read the "A Song of Ice and Fire" and the many novellas included in that universe and I find myself in awe at my level masochism. I love you GRRM but my heart can only take so much. Even characters that are my most hated and most respected have died. GRRM shows that for every action in reality there is an opposite reaction and everything you put out there reverberates sometimes to the determinant of the castor of the stones. Honorable Ned Stark, got his head cut off because even honor does not always save. Ned's honorable logical against Joffery's illogical madness do not mesh at all. "Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honour matters." (Javik, Mass Effect) Tywin with all his Machiavellian outlook and with the help of the less able members of House Lannister (Cersei) has ensured the downfall of his house at the hands of his own son. Dany in all her Mary Sue-ness and dragons will not help her when she declines into madness trying to achieve the ideal in Slaver's Bay. I commend her and everything but the cities of Essos save maybe Bravoos (city started by former slaves of Valyria) will unite to destroy her and take her dragons. The road to perdition is paved with good intentions. Now I can't wait for the next book and the next two episodes of this season, important people are going to come back and important people are going to die, it is all relative. Also on a side note for the next episode, since Brienne is off to see the wizard (Thoros of Myr), I hope the show does justice to the flying monkeys (Brotherhood without Banners) and the wicked witch of the West (Lady Stoneheart) and I fully expect to see some Frey's defy gravity by their necks. If you would like to learn more and or keep track of the sheer amount of characters within these books, check out A wiki of Ice and Fire.

No comments: