Monday, June 2, 2014

Mortal Kombat X

That's right friends, Mortal Kombat X is due to come out in 2015. So more than likely it will be Xbox One and Playstation 4 and if the graphics in the trailer are in game than holy cow you can sign me right up to kick ass. I miss playing Mortal Kombat till wee hours in the night with my friends. Fuck you Rain. Anyway before you watch, nice going in choosing Sub-Zero and Scorpion; two of the most iconic characters in the franchise and in my opinion a lot cooler match up than Liu Kang (undead body or spirit possessing Liu Kang) and Shang Tsung. However, as a biased person I was very sadden to see Sub-Zero get his ass handed to him by Scorpion and if this trailer is in game play graphics than no button mashing bitches. Just pure unadulterated combos and split second strategy and maneuvers. So that means knowing what your characters moves are, the opponent character's skill set and the player's skill level. The fight between Sub-Zero and Scorpion is dark and the Mortal Kombat tournament is not for the fainthearted. Also can anyone see the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' allusion in this with both characters acting as avatars of their element. Now for the music.....I liked it actually. I know a lot of people would scream blasphemy but come on that beat lends itself to the dark and bloody battle between two eternal foes. For me, the beat gets me into a dark and serious mood and allows me to feel that both combatants are deadly serious and will go to any length to kill each other. Then Wiz khalifa cadence with his lyrics gets the adrenaline pumping in my veins, the song makes me both calm and hyper and I understand that this is the state that both Sub-Zero and Scorpion find themselves in. Nicely done producers. Also I will commend the writers of the song for making allusions to the MK games in the franchise within the lyrics. The only problem I have is the portion of the song where Wiz Khalifa speeds up his delivery of lyrics but the hand to hand combat isn't as fast pace to match. I know the producers wanted to highlight the motion capture brilliance of the live martial artists and their skill but it sent me off kilter at that moment in the trailer. All and all I anticipate this game eagerly and this trailer better have been in game play graphics or otherwise you will have hell to pay.

No comments: